MASALA AND PALM SUGAR CHICKEN CURRY
3 chicken breasts, cut in chunks
3 cm ginger, grated
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 red chillies, finely sliced
coriander stalks, chopped
2 red onions, sliced
3 tbsp masala paste
1 tbsp palm sugar paste
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 tsp turmenic
1 cinnamon stick
1 can (400g) tomatoes
3 tbsp tomato pure
2 dl yoghurt
1 dl cream
- Cook the onions slowly on a low heat, for 15 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, chillies and coriander stalks and cook for another 5 minutes. Then tip in the masala paste and the ground spices. Take off the heat after a few minutes. Set aside.
- Now cook the chicken in a pan until browned all over. Set aside.
- Next, return the onion mixture to the pan along with the whole spices, the tomatoes, the tomato pure and 4 dl water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 45 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, prepare the rise according to the instructions on the package.
- Add the chicken to the masala and cook for 10 minutes. Finally, add the yoghurt and the cream. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with some rice.